Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Cardiac Services Manager
Salary: Grade 24 $34.04 - $44.26/hr (midpoint)
Facility: Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Shift: Day shift
Job Details: Bachelor's Degree required
The Manager of Cardiac Services provides leadership to oversee the success of the Imaging Services as well as Cardio Vascular Pre Procedure and Post Procedure Recovery and Cardiac Studies. This role coordinates available resources, assists in the management and works collaboratively with the Cardiac and Vascular Administrator to guide the strategic direction of the department. Has responsibility for and assures accountability of health care professionals to support delivery of excellent health care services.
* Provides leadership, guidance, and support to all direct reports. Serves as a role model and coach for service excellence and patient experience. Assures an environment of teamwork and collaboration by fostering effective positive communications, giving and receiving feedback, and modeling the behaviors of honesty, integrity, and trust.
* Promotes a culture of safety and quality. Maintains a safe environment for the patients, families, and staff. Assures that the National Patient Safety Standards are fully met.
* Oversight of patient care team’s participation in cardiovascular non-invasive/invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures for all patients.
* Provides oversight and ensures the smooth operation of the unit in collaboration with the Administrator. Prepares the staffing, operating, and capital budgets annually. Monitors monthly financial reports to ensure the unit remains within established budget. Ensures that scheduling provides appropriate staff coverage for the departments. Assures that the workload is distributed appropriately. Interviews, hires, and supervises/facilitates orientations for all new employees. Promotes ongoing staff development and collaboration with the staff in the competency process.
* Must comply with department or unit regulatory, licensing and accreditation requirements. Also complies/supports all registry requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
* Cardiovascular recovery, imaging special procedures, outpatient cardiovascular workflow experience, and current catheterization lab & electrophysiology experience.
* Electronic charge capture knowledge/experience in pre/post imaging and cardiovascular recovery procedures, peripheral angiography, in/out patient cardiac cases, and electrophysiology realm.
* Experience with and knowledge of various external market forces affecting the cardiovascular service line specific to hospitals, practitioners, and reimbursement.
* Seasoned PACS experience and knowledge of inventory, electronic charge capture, and medical documentation.
* Good communication skills as defined through our behavior standards.
* Attention to details; ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking and perform calculations within the scope of duties.
* Able to handle many stressors simultaneously.
* Bachelor's degree in health related field required.
* Certifications: BLS and ACLS.
* Prefer Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
* Prefer a minimum of 5 years progressive supervisory experience in a Cardiovascular lab.