Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Driver II (CDL Class B or C)
Requisition # 73872
WY003 WY Cheyenne 3957 W 5th St
Line of Business
HD Supply White Cap
Minimum Travel Percentage
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
* Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for traffic and/or construction.
* Ensure that manifests are complete and accurate.
* Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they are not present.
* Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as unload merchandise for customer.
* Pull orders to match manifest.
* Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Provide assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
* Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
* Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
* Must be twenty one years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
* Class B or C - Operate vehicle with GVW over 26,000 pounds not in combination, or transport hazardous materials that require placarding.
* Proper licensing relative to equipment.
* Forklift certification.
* HazMat certification may be required.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.